Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here I am to Worship

I love that song! From the first time I heard it, it's had a huge impact on me. But the other day, as I was driving down the highway, it came on the radio and it hit me in a completely new and different way.

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God

I've always been able to live that as I stood in church and sang that song. It's easy to worship and bow down and say that He's my God when I'm surrounded by others who are doing the same. Those are not hard things to do when "here" is "church." But in the car that day, it was like God knocked on the door of my heart and said, "'Here' is 'earth'." Whoa!
Now, you may be saying, "duh!", and I kind of was too, because I already knew that and tried to live it as much as I could. But having that in front of me as a concrete, conscious thought was a strong and convicting realization. "Here" isn't just church. I'm not just here to worship and bow down and say that He is God when I'm in church. "Here" is earth. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I am supposed to worship and bow down and say that He is God.

When I'm at home with my family, when I'm in the grocery store, when I'm doing school, when I'm dealing with someone that I really struggle to like, when I'm in the midst of a trial or when life is perfect-

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God

No matter what, as long as I am drawing breath on this earth, that is what I am supposed to be doing. Worshipping, bowing down and saying that He is my God. If every Christian lived that kind of a life, what kind of a world would this be?

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Great thought, Lindsay.

We're singing this Sunday morning. But, as you said, the real test is if we'll live it on Monday and beyond.