Friday, May 9, 2008

Conversations with Andrea

(Okay, I just want you guys to know that I feel really cool now that I am part of the "Conversations with..." club. =D)

Background: Jonathan, Stephen and Andrea just got home from our grandparents' house this morning, and they were all watching Sleeping Beauty. I was not in a bad mood, but I wasn't in a good mood either. Consequently, I was not really wanting to do anything that might possibly be called fun. Andrea came up the stairs looking quite sweet and innocent...

Andrea: Do you want to color with me?

Me: Don't you want to watch your movie?

Andrea: Well...

Me: (in my most animated and excited voice) It's at the best part! Prince Phillip is about to fight the dragon! You don't want to miss that!

Andrea: Well, we can color and watch the movie at the same time.

Me: Are you sure?

Andrea: (with that all-knowing 5-year-old look) Yes. Because, you know, anything is possible with God!

:-)

We colored...and watched the movie...and I was in a much better mood when we finished. I love that kid!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Welcome to the conversation club!!! That was a great one too!! Kids ususally say the most true, real, and profound things at time. Glad she cheered you up!

Hannah said...

Wow! that's awesome. I love andrea. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad she put you in a better mood. God works in so many ways, especially in children. Go God!
Love you.