Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

For all of you moms that I love and adore so much, but especially for my mom: I love you!

My mom is a smiling face
When all I can do is frown
My mom is a warm embrace
When I’m feeling lonely and down
My mom is a comforting presence
When trials come my way
My mom is love, at its essence
When life is gloomy and grey
My mom is a wonderful teacher
She’s taught me all that I know
My mom is sometimes a preacher
But I know that helps me to grow
My mom is devoted to Jesus
And I want to be like her someday
My mom is faithful to teach us
To love God in every way
My mom will be there at the end
Still just as gentle and kind
My mom is my very best friend
And I’m glad God made her mine

Thanks for being who you are, Mom; you're the best! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! Am I seeing this right? you've posted twice this month, and the month isn't even over yet! congrats. lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing the mothers day poem. It was really sweet and very true, for all mothers. I bet your mom feels real special.
For what it's worth, she's blessed to have you as a daughter.
~Love ya~