Thursday, October 30, 2008

The End of a Season

Well, another season has come to an end at our house. After 3 1/2 months, Noel has moved to another foster home so that she can be with her brother. I know it's a good thing; I know they need to be together, but it still makes me sad. Though she was only with us for a short amount of time, she will be part of our family forever.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

A time to be born and a time to die,

A time to plant and a time to uproot,

A time to weep and a time to laugh,

A time to mourn and a time to dance,

A time to embrace and a time to refrain,

A time to search and a time to give up,

A time to keep and a time to throw away,

A time to tear and a time to mend,

A time to love and a time to hate,

A time for war and a time for peace.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing can be taken from it."

Ecclesiastes 3

I don't know if this is what the verse means or not, but I know I cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning to the end of Noel's time with us. She learned simple things like her ABC's, counting, shapes, etc.; but she also learned eternal truths about our God and who He is and how much He loves her. I believe wholeheartedly that He worked in her life in mighty ways while she was with us, and I am trusting that the things He did in her while she was here will endure forever.

This promise from the Word keeps me going when this foster care thing gets tough. It is my prayer for each and every one of our foster kids:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

I have to believe that, and I have to make my heart choose to say, "Blessed be Your name," even as He gives and takes away.

I love you, Noel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder to praise Him even as He takes away. I love you too, Noel!

Brenda said...

And she leared what it is like to be part of such a loving family and that will stick with her forever. Those kind of impacts made at her age are so imporant. She will be missed, but God has huge plans for those kids. I can just feel it!
Thanks for being such a great open door to those that need just what ya'll have!
Love you!

Hannah said...

I know it gets tough at times. I admire your faith and trust in God even as he gives and takes away.
Love you!