Saturday, July 26, 2008

Passion

Well, another year of church camp has come and gone. Our theme this year was "Passion." We spent the week talking about God's passion for us and our passion for Him. I was filled with a sense of peace as I realized just how big our God truly is and just how passionately He loves us. I realized that I have a God Who is so incredibly powerful and enormous that He breathed out the stars (Psalm 33:6). Not just "Twinkle, twinkle little star" type stars, but stars so big that if the earth was a golf ball they would be the size of Mount Everest! (Just think about that for a minute!) My God, Who is that big, loved us, frail, sinful and pathetic as we are, with enough passion to send His one and only Son to die for us so that we could be with Him again. That knowledge fills me with a sense of peace that I cannot describe: it is peace that transcends all understanding. (Philippians 4:7) It also fills me with a passion: a passion to tell others about this awesome, powerful, loving God.

I also have a passion for kids. Hence the reason I just got back from high school church camp yesterday and am leaving to go to junior camp as a junior counselor tomorrow. :-) This is my first year to go to junior camp, and I am really looking forward to it! It should be completely exhausting and insanely fun at the same time! ;-)

So tell me, what are you passionate about?

3 comments:

Hannah said...

very nice lindsay! I was prepared to blog a really long one about camp and the passion of our God. However, I think I'll use ur example...
I love ur question at the end. What am i passionate about? That shouldn't be a hard question but I find myself searching my mind for an answer... I'm passionate about praising my God and I'm passionate about showing people (even those in other countries) the love of God.
Have a good week as a counselor!

Brenda said...

I must say....I'm passionate about Jr. Camp!

Brenda said...

So on a serious note...I'm passionate about 2 things. Love & People. Guess tht can be put all into one thing huh? I really love people. I love to watch them, love to be around them, and love to let others see Jesus through me. It's not always that easy. And sometimes, communicating His love for us is difficult too. But if others can see Him through me and can be touched by His greatness and by nothing that I did at all, then I feel that my passion for HIM has been accomplished. So there...now that is 3 things that I am passionate about! ;o)

All in all, I have a passion to Love others as HE loves me!!!!

The rest, is up to Him!