Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's Baseball Season--Go Rangers!

I'm very happy! My all time favorite sports team, the Texas Rangers (that's a Major League Baseball team, for all of you sports-illiterate friends of mine =D) just beat their division rivals, the Los Angeles Angels, 10-4!!! That may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is a huge deal to me! You see, the Rangers are not exactly...umm...how do I say this...good. We finished 19 games behind in our division last year, so the fact that we won that game and are now only half a game behind the first-place Angels in our division this year is amazing! Okay, okay, so it's only the beginning of April and the season lasts 'til September, but that's not the point! The point is, my beloved Rangers won today!

Hey, did you guys notice my new picture?
That, in case you are wondering, is the Rangers' Captain, the Texas Rangers' mascot. I saw that picture and decided that it suited me well.

I think I'm running out of things to say now. Why have you even read this far, anyway? I'm not exactly writing anything valuable...or even anything interesting, for that matter. Okay, now turn off the computer and go do something productive. :-)

GO RANGERS!!!

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

GO ROYALS!

John said...

Sigh... All of us pull for teams that don't exactly have storied histories of success, don't we?! Well, my friend, the Rangers have already reached the cellar in the division. Odds on if they'll ever make it back to at least .500 at any point this season??

At least Shane's Royals are in first place right now. With the way the Tigers are playing, the Royals won't ever come close to the bottom of the Central... not sure how long they can hold off the White Sox for the division lead though unless Bannister keeps pitching lights out.